MiniTower II ... The next generation MiniTower.
Accurate GoTo and Tracking The MiniTower II has the same advanced SmartStar GoTo technology as the original-- but with enhanced encoders and firmware. The MiniTower II hand controller offers a superb navigation experience with an 8 line LCD back-lit display, an over 120,000 object database and a USB port for easy connection with ASCOM compliant PC planetarium programs. With a typical GoTo accuracy of 1 arc minute and the GoToNova precision auto-tracking, the MiniTower II will consistently bring the celestial object of your choice to the center of the eye-piece and keep tracking for hours.
30 lbs. of Payload Born out of the popular iOptron Cube, the MiniTower II is the ultimate observing solution for people who are searching for a capable and portable GoTo telescope mount to counter light pollution in their backyards and for travel convenience. With a standard payload of 30 lbs, a rock solid 1.5-inch alloy/stainless steel tripod, metal worm and gear and two dovetail adaptors-- the MiniTower II is capable of handling most OTAs.
Extremely Portable With all the standard components (excluding the tripod) packaged in an alloy metal case, the MiniTower II can easily be carried around in a car trunk or as an airline luggage. The whole system takes about 10 minutes to assemble. This unlimited portability, combined with the internal GPS, gives amateur astronomers extreme flexibility in selecting an observing location.
Additional Unique Features Powered with other features such as automatic over-current protection, automatic clutch protection for both axes, easy 3-point level adjustment, dual scope setup with two dovetails and much more,
- Lightweight Altazimuth computerized GOTO mount
- Dia-cast aluminum body
- Dual scope setup with two dovetails
- Payload: 30 lbs. (primary) + 10 lbs (secondary)
- Metal gear and worm
- DC servomotor with high precision optical encoder on both axes
- Resolution: 0.1 Arc Second
- GOTONOVA accurate GOTO and auto-tracking
- 8401 hand controller with USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- The largest LCD screen on the market with 8 lines and 21-characters with backlit
- Over 120,000 object database with 256 user-defined objects
- 9-speed motor control
- Automatic over-current protection and clutch protection for both axes
- Manual push-to for both axes
- Built-in precision level indicator
- 3-Point easy level adjustment
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- 1.5 inch/2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod legs
- HBX ports for iOptron auxiliary components
- Built-in 32-channel GPS receiver
- Comes standard with: counterweight, AC adaptor, USB cable and Hard Case
- Optional PowerWeight battery pack
- Optional pier/Tri-pier
- Two year limited warranty