Astronomik MC-Clear T-Mount (M42x0,75) - ANK_MCC-T
This Multicoated (MC) glass serves as dust protector or to keep your system parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera) . As the filter doesn't modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn't alter the colors. It's great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
Lots of Astronomik MC Clear filters in custom diameters are sold to camera manufacturers worlwide. They like the great coating and scratch resistance!
The Astronomik MC Clear is made by the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system.
- As a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera.
- As an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements.
You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements.
- Visual observation (dark skies) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Visual observation (urban skies) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Film photography: Reasonable, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Good, to compensate the optical thickness (parfocal with other Astronomik filters) ; dust protection
- DSLR photography (original) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (astro modified) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (MC modified) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Planets) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky) : Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box