Sky-Watcher Startravel-120T (OTA) 4.75" Refractor Telescope - 10940
Ideal for Daytime Terrestrial Observations as well as Deep-Sky Astronomical Use.
Sky-Watcher STARTRAVEL telescopes are two-element, air-spaced achromatic refractors, that are well proven performers for ‘Rich-Field' views of comets, star fields, star clusters, nebulae, bright galaxies & planets, the Moon and the Sun (with proper safety filtering!), as well as giving excellent daytime terrestrial views. These wide-field, short-tube telescopes are great as fixed aperture lenses for both Astrophotography and terrestrial photography. Their “fast" focal ratios make them useful for capturing lunar and solar eclipses as well as nature photographs.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied) : x24 & x60
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) : x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 120mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 600mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25") : 10mm & 25mm
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Red Dot Finder
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Focuser
- 45º Erect Image Diagonal 1.25"/31.7mm
- Supplied with Tube Rings and Dovetail bar
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- 38% more Light Gathering than 102mm
"Having tested and reviewed a wide range of astronomical telescopes over the last couple of decades, for me there's one manufacturer that's risen above the rest in terms of delivering a coherent range of uncompromising, well-conceived designs, embodying consistently good optics and sensibly engineered mounts at very competitive prices — that's Sky-Watcher!!"
Ade Ashford BSc
Ade Ashford has tested and reviewed astronomical equipment in a professional capacity for several publications, including Sky & Telescope, Astronomy Now & BBC Sky At Night Magazine.