The Seletek Armadillo is Lunatico's astronomical peripheral controller
The Armadillo supports all features of the previous SELETEK version:
- Focusing, up to two motors at the same time
- Filter wheel managing, up to two at the same time
- ... or one filter wheel and one focus motor
- Automated cooling fan control
- Independent control of any controller pin, manual or automated (depending on temperature delta), useful not only for fan control but also for dew heater bands.
- Control of the VSI's "Zerotator"
- Seletek Lunatico Seletek à la carte allows you to customize your Seletek (original or Armadillo) to match you specific needs
- And we can make other utilities we could detect from your suggestions
besides, Armadillo, also includes:
- a new, bombproof usb connection,
- firmware update dedicated mini-usb port (since software version 3.0 / firmware 2.0 - released summer 2010 - this mini-USB is no longer needed; one you have these versions installed, you'll perform all future upgrades using the normal (big) USB cable)
- a more accurate temperature sensor, and
- extra internal isolation for more security
It includes output for two motors, several digital and analog inputs, and two temperature sensors (one internal, included, and an optional external, one), and its first use was for the control of a focus motor (but as already said it now controls two motors or filter wheels or combination), the one supplied by Lunático or others in the market (Robofocus or Moonlite and now even FeatherTouch's motors currently supported). USB connection to PC (no need of RS232 port).
- CPU: Atmel AT91SAM7X256
- Inputs: 5 analogical-digital inputs (1 for the temperature external sensor, 4 available and protected by optocouplers)
- Outputs: 8 power digital outputs (up to 1A), 4 in every connector.
- 10 bit (0-1024) ADC
- PC connection through USB
- Size: 145 * 96 * 45 mm (including DB9 connectors)
- External power supply from 12 to 14 V dc (depending on the motor used), ypically 12 V dc
- The software supports any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 32bit, 64bit)
- ASCOM compliant software
- Will work with FocusMax, MaximDL, CCDCommander, ACP, CCD AutoPilot... and any ASCOM aware astronomy software
Seletek includes the following cables:
- USB 2.0 cable (controller to PC conection)
- Power supply cable for car lighter plug, 2m long
Armadillo is available as a stand-alone system (to be used with user-supplied peripherals) or as a complete, ready to use, autofocus system.