Baader 3.5 / 4nm f/2 Ultra-Highspeed-Filterset 50x50mm - CMOS-optimized (H-alpha / O-III / S-II)
Baader Planetarium square 50 x 50 mm 3.5 nm (H-alpha) / 4 nm (O-III / S-II) H-alpha / O-III / S-II unmounted filter-set for f/2 ultra-highspeed imaging. CMOS-optimized with Life-Coat and Reflex-Blocker hard coated, plane-optically polished for excellent performance!
- Baader Planetarium H-alpha / O-III / S-II Filter-Set
- CMOS-optimized with Life-Coat
- Filter Size: 50 x 50 mm square Unmounted
- Wavelength: 656,3 nm / 500,7 nm / 671,7 nm
- Bandwidth: 3.5 nm (H-alpha) / 4 nm (O-III / S-II)
- Filter Thickness: 3 mm
- Coatings: Reflex-Blocker hard coated, plane-optically polished
- Baader H-alpha @ 656.3 nm / O-III @ 500.7 nm / S-II @ 671.7 nm f/2 Ultra-Highspeed Filter-Set - Premium Grade
- 3.5 nm (H-alpha) / 4 nm (O-III / S-II) FWHM (to harmonize the exposure time from H-alpha with O-III / S-II), recommended for extremely fast optical systems from f/3.4 to f/1.8
- Specially designed for the special filter requirements when used with fast optics like the Celestron RASA astrographs
- For highest contrast even at strongest light pollution, minimizes star size, emphasizes finest nebula detail – indispensable under Bortle 9/8/7/(6) skies
- Reflex-Blocker hard coated and plane-optically polished - with sealed coating edges (Life-Coat)
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim
- Optimized for modern CMOS cameras, but likewise excellent for CCD camera technologies
The new generation Baader CMOS-optimized filters features:
- Increased contrast
- Ever more narrow passbands
- Reflex-Blocker coatings, for largest ever freedom from halos, even under most adverse conditions concerning aux-optics
- FWHM on each filter category carefully designed to allow for 1:1:1 exposures, matched for typical CMOS quantum efficiency and s/n ratio
- Identical filter thickness to existing standards, with utmost care for parfocality
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate with coatings left exposed)
- Life-Coat: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life - even in a most adverse environment
Life-Coat: Limited-Lifetime-Warranty for CMOS-optimized Baader filters
A Baader Planetarium exclusive. Filters incorporating Baader Planetariums Life-Coat technology are so durable that Baader Planetarium warrants the coatings for the life of the filter. Baader Planetarium has developed Life-Coat using materials and processes that result in coatings which will not degrade or fail for a lifetime. Life-Coat coatings resist moisture, temperature extremes, and are hardened to withstand normal cleanings.
Baader Planetarium guarantees their Life-Coat coatings will not peel, flake or physically degrade and will withstand repeated cleaning with fine optical cleaning equipment. The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser and does not cover failure from misuse, physical damage through improper handling, or improper cleaning.
To make a warranty claim, simply contact your retailer where you purchased the filter with proof of purchase (commercial invoice) and a detailed failure description. The dealer will then advise of the next steps.
- Filter Application
- Filter Type
- Filter size
- 50mm Square