PHOTON 8" F5 Newtonian reflector telescope for observation and astrophotography - optical tube assembly from Teleskop Service
- Aperture 200 mm (8") / focal length 1000 mm / photographic speed f/5
- High quality parabolic primary mirror with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings for a brighter and contrastier image
- Largely dimensioned secondary mirror with 63 mm diameter (minor axis) - very good illuminated field for astrophotography
- Primary mirror cell and secondary mirror holder completely made of metal - not plastic - fully adjustable
- Precise 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission for exact focusing - already included
- Primary mirror cooling fan for less cooling time
- Rigid steel tube instead of a wobbly aluminium tube
Why do we recommend a PHOTON Newtonian instead of all other comparable Newtonians?
- This PHOTON newtonian telescope has GSO optics inside. The manufacturer keeps the optical performance of the mirrors on constantly high level. What is more, a PHOTON newtonian telescope can grow with your demands:
- For the 8" Photon Newtonian, we offer a Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit where you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- We offer secondary mirrors of different sizes so you can adapt the Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
The precise 2" crayford focuser with 1:10 micro transmission
We offer this Newtonian telescope with a 2" Crayford style focuser with integrated 1:10 dual speed transmission. This focuser works very precise even with heavy accessories like astro cameras. With a bit of experience, you can achieve accuracies around 0.08 mm which is sufficient even for very high resolution sensors.
High-quality primary mirror with f/5 and 94% reflectivity
This Newtonian shows its full potential at observation and astrophotography due to a high-quality primary mirror made of optical BK7 glass, free from internal stress. The parabolic mirror has a 94% reflectivity coating, thus offering a brighter and contrastier image. You can instantaneously notice the difference to a standard coating.
Due to the focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian belongs to the all-round telescopes for astrophotography and observing.
No vignetting at the edge - full illumination through large 63 mm secondary mirror
No shadow at the edge, you will be satisfied with a bright image with full illumination even with modern DSLR or CCD cameras. But 2" wide field eyepeces are also supplied with light up to the edge of the field stop.
Enjoy your image more with optimal field correction - advisory service from Teleskop Service
Only a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. Our recommendation is the Robtics coma corrector which is ideal for this telescope. It will provide maximum sharpness in the entire field, so only the Robtics coma corrector makes a true astrograph out of this Newtonian.
Astrophotography with DSLR cameras
All you need is a good Coma Corrector and a matching T-ring to the camera mount!
Astrophotography with the ZWO ASI 1600 camera
The highly sensitive camera and the fast Newtonian with a good coma corrector corrector are an optimal team for astrophotography. The stars are sharp to the edge. The adaption from the corrector to the camera is easy, we will be happy to advise you.
The advantage - you have galaxies, nebulae and star clusters on the sensor already after 40 seconds. Longer exposure times are not necessary, guiding can be dropped.
Simply let the well polar aligned mount track and wonderful astrophotographs form almost on their own. The high f/5 speed of the Newtonian and the extremely fast sensor of the camera are making it possible.
- Aperture: 200 mm (8")
- Focal length: 1000 mm
- Focal ratio: f/5
- Primary mirror: Parabolic primary mirror with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings and quartz layer
- Secondary mirror: 63 mm diameter (minor axis) with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings and quartz layer
- Field illumination: 28 mm diam. (100%) - ideal for APS-C format sensors with matching coma corrector
- Focuser: 2" Crayford focuser with 1/10 dual speed transmission
- Tube weight: 9 kg with rings and finder
- Dimensions of tube: length 900 mm, diameter 230 mm
- Size package: 31 cm x 40 cm x 100 cm
- Total weight: 12.2 kg
In the box
- Photon 200mm f/5 Newtonian with tube rings and 8x50 finder
- 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission and reducer to 1.25"
- 2" extension tube 35 mm for easy reaching of the focus when observing
- Dust covers, 12 V main mirror fan
- GP-level dovetail PS22 (does not fit EQ6 Mount with dual clamb)
- Collimation manual
- Telescope System
- Optical Tube Only (OTA)
- Telescope type
- Telescope Series
- Telescope Aperture (mm)
- Telescope Focal Length (mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio (F)