Lunt LS60MT/R&P Multipurpose Telescope OTA without Blocking Filter
This telescope can be combined with a Lunt blocking-filter as desired, such an additional blocking-filter is necessary for using the telescope
- Special telescope for observing the Sun
- Attention: Additional blocking filter required!
- Also for night sky observing, modular design
- For visual observation and photography
- 2-lens ED refractor FPL-51, 70/60mm aperture
- Bandwidth less than 0.7 Angstrom
- Solid Rack&Pinion focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Also for Ca-K and White-Light solar observing
- Absolutely safe, no danger to the eyes
Modular designed multipurpose telescope, both for observing the sun in the H-alpha wavelength, as well as for night sky observations. Easy conversion between the different applications with a few simple steps. Excellent image quality due to 2-lens ED optics with 70mm aperture for night sky observation, and 60mm usable aperture for H-alpha solar observation.
With innovative air pressure tuning system
and high-quality 2 inch (50.8mm) Rack&Pinion (R&P) focuser. Delivered without blocking filter,
use for H-Alpha sun observation only possible with additional blocking
This telescope is supplied without blocking filter. We offer a wide range of additionally available blocking filters in different sizes, either mounted in a 90° star-diagonal housing or in a straight extension tube. These are all usable with this telescope.
ATTENTION: Without such an additional blocking filter you cannot use this telescope for H-alpha solar observation!
Solar observing in H-alpha
The Lunt LS60MT is a telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 60mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 420mm focal length.
The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun,
showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the
surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner.
Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure
chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the
air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner
guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a
permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating
lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with a solid 2 inch Rack&Pinion focuser with 10:1 reduction.
This version of the Lunt LS60MT is delivered without blocking filter. Therefore an additional blocking filter is required to use the telescope for solar observation in the H-alpha wavelength. You can choose from the wide range of Lunt Solar Systems blocking filters and decide for example if you want a blocking filter in a 90° star-diagonal housing or one in a straight extension tube.
Observing the starry night sky
H-alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy
steps thanks to its modular design. The 2-lens ED refractor can then be
used as a normal telescope with 70mm aperture and 420mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The ED Doublet lens will offer an excellent image. It can be used with a standard 2 inch zenith mirror at the R&P focuser.
With an additional Amici prism, the telescope can of course also be used during the day for nature and landscape observations.
This makes the Lunt LS60MT, with its small dimensions and low weight, also an ideal travel telescope for all applications!
With additionally available accessories the Lunt LS60MT offers even more possibilities!
The Lunt LS60MT telescope can optionally be upgraded with the additionally available double-stack filters Lunt LS50FHa or Lunt LS60FHa
(part numbers 0550200 and 0550250). These filters will be simply
screwed on the front of the Lunt LS60MT, no additional adapters are
necessary. Thereby a bandwidth of <0.5 Angstrom is achieved for
H-alpha solar observation. Therefore much more details on the solar
surface will become visible.
- Solar observing in White-Light
If the H-alpha unit has been removed, of course either a sun filter to be installed in front of the objective, or a Herschel-wedge at the focuser can be used to observe the sunspots in White-Light.
- Solar observing in Ca-K wavelength
Certainly, the Ca-K filter modules from Lunt Solar Systems can also be used at the Lunt LS60MT to observe and photograph super-granulation and other effects visible in this wavelength on the sun.
This makes the Lunt LS60MT a completely universal usable telescope!
- 2-lens ED refractor, FPL-51
- Aperture: 70mm
- Usable aperture in H-alpha: 60mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 420mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Supplied without blocking filter, additionally available blocking filter absolutely necessary!
- Focuser: Rack&Pinion focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube-ring with 1/4-20 tapped base (standard thread for photo-tripods)
- Weight with H-alpha unit: 3.8kg
- Weight without H-alpha unit: 2.6kg
- Length with H-alpha unit and blocking filter: 40cm
- Length without H-alpha unit: 31cm
Scope of Delivery
- LS60MT Multipurpose Telescope
- 2 inch Rack&Pinion focuser
- Tube ring with 1/4-20 connection for mounting on photo-tripods
- Transport case (53x33x17cm)
- Instruction manual
|Field of application|
|Field of application||
|Optical design||Apochomatic Refractor|
|Mirror/Lens diam.||70 mm|
|Focal length||420 mm|
|Angular resolution||2 arc seconds|
|Full width at half maximum (Angström), less then||0.7|
|General Technical Data|
|Focusing system||2" Rack-and-Pinion Focuser with 10:1 reduction|
|Mount Type||Optics without Mount|
|Extended warranty||5 years|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|Total length||53 cm|
|Total width||33 cm|
|Total height||17 cm|
- Telescope System
- Optical Tube Only (OTA)
- Telescope type
- Apochromatic Refractor
- Telescope Series
- Multipurpose Telescope (MT)
- Telescope Lens type
- Doublet (2 lenses)
- Telescope Aperture (mm)
- Telescope Focal Length (mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio (F)