Lunt LS100MT/B1800FT Multipurpose APO Telescope for Sun and Night-Sky
Modular 100mm ED Apo telescope for observing and photographing prominences and more at the sun during the day and moon, planets and deep-sky at night
- Special telescope for observing the Sun in H-alpha
- Also for night sky observing, modular design
- 3-lens ED refractor FPL-53, 100mm aperture, 714mm focal length
- Observation and photography with excellent image quality
- Bandwidth less than 0.7 Angstrom
- Large B1800 blocking filter in zenith mirror
- Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Also for Ca-K and White-Light solar observing
- Absolutely safe, no danger to the eyes
Modular designed multipurpose telescope, both for observing the sun in the H-alpha wavelength, as well as for night sky observations. Easy conversion between the different applications with a few simple steps. 3-lens apochromatic telescope with FPL-53 glass, 100mm aperture and 714mm focal length - excellent image quality for H-Alpha solar observation and also for observing the starry sky at night.
With innovative air pressure tuning system, 2 inch (50.8mm) Feather-Touch focuser, and B1800 blocking filter.
Solar observing in H-alpha
The Lunt LS100MT/B1800 is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 100mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 714mm focal length. The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun, showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner. Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with the excellent 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B1800. The B1800 is very good for visual solar observing. Also solar imaging is possible by cameras with small to large sensor chip. We recommend a Lunt LS100MT with B3400 blocking-filter by using cameras with very large sensor chips.
The star diagonal in which the blocking filter is installed, is equipped as standard for 1.25 inch eyepieces and with a T2 camera connection.
Observing the starry night sky
The H-Alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy steps thanks to its modular design. With the additionally available conversion kit (item number 0551430) the 3-lens apochromatic refractor can then be used as a normal telescope with 100mm aperture and 714mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The FPL-53 triplet lens offers an outstandingly low colour aberration image. Common 2 inch star diagonals can be used at the high quality R&P focuser of the conversion kit 0551430.
Please note that the optionally available conversion kit 0551430 is absolutely necessary if the telescope should be used at night.
With additionally available accessories the Lunt LS100MT offers even more possibilities!
The Lunt LS100MT telescope can optionally be upgraded with the additionally available double-stack module DSII/SFPT (item number 0551395). The DSII system is a internal double-stack module. Thereby a bandwidth of <0.5 Angstrom is achieved for H-alpha solar observation. Therefore much more details on the solar surface will become visible.
- Solar observing in White-Light
If the H-alpha unit has been removed, of course either a sun filter to be installed in front of the objective, or a Herschel-wedge at the focuser can be used to observe the sunspots in White-Light.
- Solar observing in Ca-K wavelength
Certainly, the Ca-K filter modules from Lunt Solar Systems can also be used at the Lunt LS100MT to observe and photograph super-granulation and other effects visible in this wavelength on the sun.
This makes the Lunt LS100MT a completely universal usable apochromatic telescope of highest quality!
- 3-lens APO refractor, FPL-53
- Aperture: 100mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 714mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Blocking filter: B1800 with 1.25" and T2 connection
- Focuser: Feather-Touch with 10:1 reduction
- Two tube-ring with handle
- Sol-Searcher installed inside handle
- Dovetail bar at GP-level for astronomical mounts
- Weight: 6.8kg
- Length with blocking filter and dew-shield: 84cm
- Length without blocking filter and removed dew-shield: 65cm
Scope of Delivery
- LS100MT Multipurpose Telescope
- B1800 blocking filter in star-diagonal housing
- 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube rings with dovetail bar
- Transport case (78x33x23cm)
- Instruction manual
Conversion kit for observation of the starry night sky (0551430) not included!
|Field of application|
|Field of application||
|Optical design||Apochomatic Refractor|
|Mirror/Lens diam.||100 mm|
|Focal length||714 mm|
|Angular resolution||1.4 arc seconds|
|Full width at half maximum (Angström), less then||0.7|
|General Technical Data|
|Focusing system||2" Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction|
|Mount Type||Optics without Mount|
|Extended warranty||5 years|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|Total length||78 cm|
|Total width||33 cm|
|Total height||23 cm|
- Telescope System
- Optical Tube Only (OTA)
- Telescope type
- Apochromatic Refractor
- Telescope Series
- Multipurpose Telescope (MT)
- Telescope Lens type
- Doublet (2 lenses)
- Telescope Aperture (mm)
- Telescope Focal Length (mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio (F)