Astronomik L Filter 38mm (unmounted) Type 2c - ANK_L-38
UV and IR cut Filter for digital photography.
We have re-desgined all of our photographic filters. Since the end of 2008 we are shipping our new "Halo-Free" filters.
The Astronomik UV-IR Blocker lets the full range of sensitivity of the human eye (according to DIN 5031) pass, and blocks all other parts of the spectrum in the UV and IR. The Astronomik UV-IR Blocker is the ideal choice as a luminance filter for any kind of digital photography.
Because of the perfect blocking of UV and IR all optical problems in these parts of the spectrum are avoided.
The filter is optimized for systems with focal ratios between f/0.5 and f/50. The typical transmission is higher than 99%.
The UV-IR Blocker gives you a perfect parfocal filter for the luminance channel. It is also great as a dust protection for your telescope and camera.
- As a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera.
- As an alternative instead of the IR-Blocker if your camera has a high sensitivity at short wavelengths.
- As an alternative instead of the MC Clear if your system has any refracting elements
You should think about using the IR-blocker if your camera has a low sensitivity at short wavelengths. Think about using the MC Clear glass if you have a system without any refracting elements. If you do color imaging from light polluted places, please think about using the CLS CCD filter for the luminace data instead!
- Visual observation (dark skies) : It depends, for dust protection only
- Visual observation (urban skies) : It depends, for dust protection only
- Film photography: It depends, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Very good, if used with optics which contain refracting elements
- DSLR photography (original) : It depends, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (astro modified) : It depends, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (MC modified) : Very good, if used with optics which contain refracting elements
- Webcam / Video (Planets) : Very good, if used with optics which contain refracting elements
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky) : Very good, if used with optics which contain refracting elements
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box