Sky-Watcher MERLIN SYNSCAN AZ GOTO COMPUTERISED TABLE-TOP ALT-AZIMUTH MOUNT
The Merlin TableTop GOTO mount is another exciting new development from Sky-Watcher.
It is quick and convenient to set-up on a patio or picnic table and ideal for travelling with, due its compact size.
Compact telescope OTA's up to approximately 4kg can be attached via the standard Sky-Watcher/Vixen dovetail bar fitting. Also spotting scopes can be attached via their tripod adaptor bush and mounted on the supplied L-Bracket.
The SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42, 900+ night sky objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
- SynScan Database: Total 42, 900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Indentification feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Quiet Operation
- Motor Type & Resolution: DC Servo Motors. Resolution 0.8923 arc sec or 1, 452, 425 steps/rev
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Height 35cm
- Weight 2.9kg
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries (not supplied) . Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended