Optolong L pro filter 1,25
The L-Pro (L-Professional) filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow) . Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII (496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII (654nm and 658nm), H-alpha (656nm) as well as SII (672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution.
Unlike other light pollution filter UHC and CLS, L-Pro is multi-bandpass filter which offers better color balance by maximizing the transmission band. The balanced transmission allows astrophotos to be taken with minimal color cast to broadband emission objects such as galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. L-Pro is the best choice for light pollution suppression.
Main Use and Performance
- Fit with in CCD cameras and DSLRs with adapters
- Work well on most emission nebulae, reflection nebulae and dark nebulae
- Suitable for visual observation and astrophotography
- L-Pro filter has a very low transmission reduction rate against continuous spectrum space objects, and thus is quite effective in suppressing light pollution sources when shooting galaxies, reflection nebulae and globular star clusters. The same holds true for visual star observations.
- L-Pro filter alone can suppress infrared wavelength, and thus can be used at ease for “L” image shootings with CCDs
- Light pollution filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object's brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.