f you are tired of carrying multiple power packs and dealing with a mess of power and data cables, our Ultimate Powerbox, a sophisticated power control unit, is the absolute solution. Our idea is one enclosure that makes available a sufficient number of amperes. No cables disturb the movements of the mount and the instrument, only the main power cord and one USB data cord comes to the Ultimate Powerbox from which branch off the other cables powering all devices.
The Ultimate Powerbox provides:
- 4 x 12V Smart Outputs,
- 2 x PWM duty cycle channels for your Dew Heaters or Flatbox
- a USB2 High Speed Industrial Powered Hub with 6 available ports
- a Unipolar Stepper Motor Controller
- Environmental & Power metrics
- In a compact size with plenty of features!
We strongly believe that if you own a remote observatory or you do advanced imaging you are gonna love this device!
4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
Four powerful Smart mosfet transistors provide "electric juice" to your precious equipment. Sophisticated short circuit and overload per port protections cut the power and report the incident into our software. Every mosfet is capable to provide up to 7A of current.
Built in Power Sensors
A precise voltmeter and an ampmeter (can measure up to 30A) measure and display in real time (200 measurements per second) your power input. If the input is more than 13.8V the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
Individual Current Meter per 12V port
Every 12V output has an internal and independent current meter. You can view every port power consumption in the software. Each output has overcurrent /short circuit and overvoltage protection.
More than 20A of total power
Controller has been designed to support up to 20 Amps of total current.
Stand Alone Software
Our modern standalone software has a neat dark skin! Control all Ultimate Powerbox features from this software. Receive metrics, View and zoom into graphs, name your outputs, tune every setting of your Ultimate Powerbox quickly and easily.
Industrial 6 port powered USB2 High speed Hub
An industrial USB2 port chip ensures that this USB hub will work flawlessly from temperatures of -40°C to +80°C. A nice feature is that USB Hub can be turned ON/OFF by the software. Moreover, USB port No 6 never turns off and supports up to 3A of current. A very handy feature if you have a Compute Stick * and you want to get a 5V input power. All USB ports include a unique short circuit and overload electronic protection.
* Please be advised that newer Compute (PC) Stick might consumer more than 3Amps of current. Moreover USB A to C cables have an internal resistor which limits current levels.
Stepper Motor Controller
A stepper motor controller will precisely move your focuser. Connect a Pegasus Unipolar Motor or a fully compatible Rigel, Robofocus or Moonlight Motor. Backlash compensation is already implemented in the firmware and can be enabled, tuned or disabled from the software. A fully ASCOM6 focuser driver is already available.
Two channel duty cycle PWM outputs
Two Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your "thirsty" Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs)
Firmware can auto tune the PWM Outputs by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click "Auto" and leave to Intelli Powerbox decide if it is time to switch on your dew heaters.
ASCOM 6 Fully supported
Ultimate powerbox fully supports ASCOM6. In combination with our main program which acts as a server you can use our latest ASCOM 6.3 supplied drivers to:
- Control Stepper Motor
- Pass environmental settings to supported software (e.g Sequence Generator Pro / MaximDL)
- Switch ON or OFF all 12V outputs.
External brackets support Losmandy / Vixen Plate attachment
We provide an optional pair of brackets to grab the Ultimate Powerbox device onto a Losmandy 3" or Vixen plate. Both brackets can be screwed on the side of the controller and grab on your telescope.
Led Indications for power and failure states
Led can blink in patterns to warn you regarding important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Moreover light can be turned off using the software. Our led is very dim but in case you don't like it on you can switch it off via the software.
Power Cables are included in the package
Four power cable of DC 2.1mm to 2.1mm male (1m) are included in the package.
External Environmental Sensor
External one (1) meter temperature & relative humidity sensor is included in the package. Know exactly the environment conditions of your location. Temperature, humidity and dew point measurements are displayed in the software.
Zoomable and Exportable Graphs for Power and Environment values
Software logs all voltage, current, temperature and relative humidity readings. All these plots are zoomable and easily exportable in PNG image & CSV text format. Keep a full record of your night conditions.
Timer to shutdown outputs
Choose the time and start timer to shutdown output ports when you schedule it.
Memory persistence outputs on startup
You can easily define which output should turn ON during startup. The setting is stored in system's EEPROM memory. A neat feature in case of a power failure.
Controller is always connected to the USB Hub (7th USB port). No extra cable needed. Just connect the USB Hub to your laptop and you are done.
Reverse Polarity Protection
Ultimate Powerbox has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
A sophisticated watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two (2) seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of the microcontroller freeze – when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.
Compact Size and Lightweight
A blue anodised aluminium compact sized box enclose the controller board. Size is 13cm x 10cm x 10cm (5.1 inch x3.9 inch x 3.9 inch). Weight is 400 grams (14.1 ounces).
Bundle your favourite computer with our Ultimate Powerbox
We don't follow the idea to embed a computer in the UPB device. Our concept is to keep separately the power / environmental / stepper control and the PC hardware. After a year the PC specifications will be obsolete. Spend the extra money on a separate computer which you can upgrade after some time. Choose a "compute pc stick" or a "computer cube" that fits your needs and bundle it with our Ultimate Powerbox. Check the following image of what we have done in our roll off observatory.
Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox Specifications:
- Supply Voltage: 12V DC (Reverse Polarity Protected)
- Power Input Connector: DC 2.5mm
- Connectivity: USB2 – Type B USB Connector
- 4 x 12 Outputs: Maximum Current 7A each. 2.1mm Center Positive, Software: ON/OFF
- 2 Channel x 12 PWM Outputs: Maximum Current 7A Each, Black Colored RCA Connector, Pulse Width Modulated (Suitable for Dew Heaters or Flatbox), Software: Duty Cycle % / OFF
- 1x Sensor Input: Mini Stereo Socket, Connectivity with Environmental Sensor, 0-100% humidity readings with 2-5% accuracy, -40 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.5°C accuracy
- Ampmeter: Measures 0 – 30A
- Voltmeter: Measures 5 – 15V
- High Speed (USB2) Industrial 7 port powered Hub: Industrial Chip: Temperature range -40°C to +80°C, 6 x High Speed (USB2) available ports, USB Hub can switch ON/OFF on demand (software command), 6th USB port can deliver up to 3Amps
- Stepper Motor Controller: Unipolar stepper motors, max 1.6 Amps (0.8 Amps per phase), Auto Recover Fuse In case current is higher, RJ45 socket
- Dimensions: 13cm x 10cm x 10cm (5.1 inch x3.9 inch x 3.9 inch). Weight is 400 grams (14.1 ounces).
In the box:
- Ultimate Powerbox Controller
- Temperature / Humidity Sensor
- 4 x Power DC 2.1 to 2.1 male cable (1m)
- DC Cable (2m) to Cigarette Lighter Adapter (10A fused)
- USB Cable Type B (3m)