The iOptron CEM40 mount is the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts. This mount is incredibly eye-pleasing, and its beauty is found in more than its appearance. The functionality of the mount is superb. Weighing in at only 15.8lbs., this mount can support a payload of up to 40lbs.! That's incredible!
This mount also has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40 mount uses iOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40 also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features
The iOptron CEM40 mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 359,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
With the included tripod, 10lbs. counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8 lbs (7.2 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- Standard 1.5 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5kg)
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
Mount Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount Max payload* 40 lb (18 kg), exclude counterweight Mount weight 15.8 lb (7.2 kg) Payload/Mount weight 2.5 Structure Material All metal, CNC machined Exterior Finish Anodized red/black Latitude adjustment range 0º ~ 60º(special CW shaft mounting if <10° ) Azimuth adjustment range ± 6º Tracking accuracy (PE)** <±7 arcsec PEC PPEC Period 400 sec Worm diameter Φ17mm, Brass Right Ascension worm wheel Φ110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash Declination worm wheel Φ110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash Right Ascension axis shaft Φ45mm steel Declination axis shaft Φ45mm steel Right Ascension bearings Φ68mm Declination bearings Φ68mm Counterweight shaft Φ20X410 mm, Stainless Steel (1 kg) Counterweight 10lbs (4.5kg)X1 Motor Precision stepper motor, 1.8º/128X micro-step Motor resolution 0.08 arcsec (200 PPS) Transmission Synchronous belt Hand Controller Go2Nova® 8407+, 8 line 21 character LCD Star Database 359,000+, star identification Power DC 12V, 5A AC adapter 100V ~ 240V (included) Power consumption 0.6A(Tracking), 0.9A(GOTO) Power-down memory Yes Polar scope Internal iPolar TM electronic polar scope Meridian treatment Stop (0-10° pass), flip Zero position Automatic zero search Dovetail saddle iOptron Universal Saddle, 5" Max slew speed 4.5°/sec (1080x) Guiding port ST-4 Communication port USB GPS Yes WiFi External (optional) Cable Management DC12V (3A), ST4,USB Tripod 1.5" Stainless Steel(5kg), optional 2" or tri-pier Hard case Optional Operation temperature -10ºC ~ 40ºC Warranty Two year limited * OTA size and length dependent ** Measured with encoder, 400 seconds