EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC Deep Sky Astro Camera 1.7MP
High resolution deep sky camera with large SONY Exmor IMX432 CMOS sensor and active cooling for long focal length telescopes.
Enter the world of astrophotography now. With the new EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC DEEP SKY ASTRO camera you get a modern complete package for the comfortable shooting of astro photos and videos. Finally, an easy-to-use camera for capturing galaxies, star clusters, the moon and even planets with extreme high sensor sensivity and extreme low sensor noise. The high sensitivity enables very short exposure times and the freezing of the air turbulence (seeing) in planetary images. Thanks to the fast USB 3.0 computer interface, all image data is transferred within a few seconds. Long waiting times are now history.
Simply connect the camera to your telescope using the T2 female thread (M42.0.75mm) or the supplied 2" (50.8mm) plug-in adapter and after installing the drivers and the included EXPLORE Capture recording and editing software, you are ready to take the first real astro photos with a highly specialized camera for your application.
The EXPLORE Capture pro software included in delivery not only offers the basic functions required for image and video capture, but also many helpful special functions for image post-processing and camera setup. Functions such as live image display, exposure settings, white balance, dark image print, stacking, timelapse recording and much more can be configured individually. Especially the very sophisticated software makes your entry into astrophotography really easy. With the automatic settings you can produce absolutely presentable results without any previous knowledge. If you like, simply switch off the automatic settings and gradually dare to adjust the individual professional settings.
The new EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC DEEP SKY camera has a highly sensitive and very low-noise SONY Exmor IMX432 CMOS sensor which is additionally cooled down to 40°C below ambient temperature by the two-stage thermoelectric cooling. In contrast to normal DSLR cameras, this guarantees much lower noise and fewer hot pixels in your shots. The images are not only much sharper and more brilliant, but also contain more usable image information. Through the controlled setting of the desired camera temperature, the creation of dark frames under reproducible shooting conditions is possible at any time. The large-format COMOS sensor with 17,6mm diagonal also allows large image fields and simplifies the adjustment and centering of objects considerably.
The camera has a built-in USB hub with 2 x USB2.0 ports at the rear. Connect your additional autoguider camera or motor focus etc. via a short USB cable and reduce the risk of cable spaghetti and cable breaks. Separate cable connections between your accessories and your computer are no longer necessary.
A sturdy hard case for the camera plus accessories is also included.
Important Note: Don't get confused by the megapixel data and the contrary price structure. In the field of astronomy, the key criterion is not the sensor resolution but the maximum light sensitivity. The main goal is to capture as much light as possible in a short time.
Field of view for different focal lengths in arc minutes and degrees:
400 mm - 124'x 85' (2.1 x 1.4 degrees)
500 mm - 99'x 68' (1,7 x 1.1 degrees)
600 mm - 82'x 56' (1.4 x 0.9 degrees)
700 mm - 70'x 49' (1.2 x 0.8 degrees)
800 mm - 62'x 43' (1.0 x 0.7 degrees)
900 mm - 55'x 38' (0,9 x 0.6 degrees)
1000 mm - 49'x 34' (0.8 x 0.6 degrees)
1250 mm - 40'x 27' (0.7 x 0.5 degrees)
1500 mm - 55'x 23' (0.6 x 0.4 degrees)
1750 mm - 28'x 19' (0.5 x 0.3 degrees)
2000 mm - 25'x 17' (0.4 x 0.3 degrees)
- camera type: ASTRO Camera 1.7MP ATR3CMOS01700KPA
- data output: single pictures and video
- image Sensor: SONY Exmor IMX432 CMOS Color Sensor
- resolution: 1600x1100
- binning: 1x1
- frame rate per second (FBS): 94
- physical sensor size in pixels: 1600 x 1100
- megapixel: 1.7 MP
- sensor size: 14.4 x 9.9 mm (4/3 inch)
- pixel size: 9 µm x 9 µm
- bit depth: 12 Bit
- backfocus: 17,5 mm
- shutter Type: global shutter
- internal camera memory: DDR 3 RAM
- thermoelectric cooling with fan: yes, up to 40°C below ambient temperature
- adjustable exposure times: 150µs to 60min
- operating temperature: -10 to +50°C (30-80% RLH)
- cable length USB 3.0: 150cm
- DC cable length power supply: 200cm
- CNC machined aluminium housing
- camera diameter: 80mm; length: 102mm
- camera weight: 0,53 kg
- camera connection diameter: 2.0 inch ( 50.8mm)
- camera connection thread: T2 (M42x0,75mm)
- filter thread: Yes, 2.0 inch in receptacle
- camera connection to PC: USB 3.0
- built-in USB hub with 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- power supply: Power supply 12 Volt 3,0 Ampere included
- software: EXPLORE Capture included
- camera driver and ASCOM driver included
- operating system: WINDOWS 7, 8 and 10
- PC requirements: CPU Intel Core2 2.8Ghz or higher / 2 GB Ram / USB 3.0
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- DEEP SKY ASTRO Camera 1.7MP
- telescope adapter T2 thread to 2.0" (50,8mm)
- USB 3.0 connection cable 150cm
- power supply 230V/12V3,0A
- dust cap
- software CD
- hard case
- instruction manual